Celebrate Christmas! Christmas Comes to America embraces Jesus and the traditions we have come to associate with the classic American Christmas. As you celebrate, your children will learn about the Dutch, German, and English settlers who first shared those traditions with the New World.
What is a Grab-N-G0?
View Sample Week Here
View American Heritage Girl Requirements Fulfilled Here
- Fun, NO PREP, 4-week unit study
- Stop and smell the evergreens with this nice, light, Christmas unit study
- Enjoy family devotionals that examine both Old Testament prophesies of the coming Messiah and their New Testament fulfillment
- Children choose from a variety of quality, library reading selections that focus on the Dutch, German, and English early settlers and the traditions they brought with them to America, as well as many other enjoyable Christmas favorites
- Enjoy classic Christmas, family read-aloud
- Discover the traditions, customs, and symbols of a classic American Christmas and how they came to us by way of the early settlers.
- Learn about the Dutch, the Germans, and the English while also meeting their “gift givers”
- Explore geography
- Meet the real Saint Nicholas
- Complete simple language and art assignments
- Embrace the gift giving spirit by making simple, homemade gifts
- Incorporate music appreciation while enjoying the sounds of Christmas.
- Go caroling
- Discover the history of a classic Christmas craft and make one yourself
- Meet some famous composers
- Enjoy fun, family, Christmas outings
- Pop some corn, light a fire, and watch great, family, Christmas classics
- Have fun with “Stump Your Dad Trivia”
- American Heritage Girls fulfill the majority of their Music Appreciation Badge requirements.
“We loved Christmas Comes to America. The girls’ favorite part was the hands-on activities. We did that every Tuesday with two other families and had a blast! I would love to get some of your other unit studies soon.
Thank you for a great study through Christmas. We will do it all over again next year.”
The Bayne family
Laura Farmer –
Our family loved this unit study. It added so much to our Christmas season. It was so great learning about many of the origins of our Christmas traditions. The activities were so fun. It made our whole holiday season so much more family oriented and enjoyable as we all learned together.