Continue the exciting saga begun in Westward Ho! Part I as you journey with the forty-niners, ride the rails of the Transcontinental Railroad, experience life on the prairie, and discover the exciting era of cowboys and cattle drives in Westward Ho! Part II.
- FUN, NO PREP, 4-week unit study
- Appropriate for grades 2-12
- Enjoy family devotionals that revolve around your unit study
- Children choose from a wide variety of quality, library reading selections that focus on the Gold Rush, prairie life, the Pony Express, the Transcontinental Railroad, Buffalo Bill, Annie Oakley, cowboys, and America the Beautiful.
- Enjoy classic family read-alouds
- Maintain the history timeline notebook begun in Westward Ho! Part I
- Continue to map your way across the USA as you follow in the footsteps of gold diggers and homesteaders
- Learn about the California Gold Rush and the hard working entrepreneurs whoreally hit “pay dirt”
- Start your own business while exploring beginner economics and its law of supply and demand
- Find out how a territory becomes a state
- Learn about the Homestead Act of 1862
- Build an edible prairie home while learning about homesteading life
- Play some period children’s games
- Host a prairie picnic for your family and friends
- Learn about our great American grassland and its diverse plant and animal life
- Discover the Pony Express and the reason for its short existence
- Learn about the Transcontinental Railroad and how a steam engine works
- Meet an entrepreneur who helped introduce civilized life to the Wild West
- Meet Katherine Lee Bates and her gift to America
- Discover the era of cowboys and cattle drives without glorifying the “wild” of the Wild West
- Design your own cattle brand
- Write a creative assignment using cowboy vernacular
- Discover the artwork of two famous American West artists
- Meet some renowned American folk heroes
- Go on fun field trips
- Enjoy family movie nights that revolve around your unit study
- Have some fun with “Stump Your Dad Trivia”
- Do you have a Boy Scout in your family? He will earn his Journalism Merit Badge while completing Westward Ho I & II with the rest of his family.
- American Heritage Girls earn Our Heritage badge while completing Westward Ho! I & II.
DIGITAL DOWNLOADS NOW AVAILABLE!
Same great product with one distinguishing characteristic…each digital Once-a-Week Unit Study features numerous, internet links to further enhance your children’s educational experience. Our downloadable studies mean even BIGGER SAVINGS for you! Each digital version saves you $5.00 plus shipping. That amounts to a total savings of about $10.00! In a hurry? No problem. Digital Once-a-Week Unit Studies give you the opportunity to GET IT NOW!
Click the following link to see what bloggers are saying about Westward Ho I (and II):