Your kids will feel like they are on the expedition as they blaze the trail with… Lewis & Clark: From Sea to Shining Sea.
- FUN, NO PREP, 7 week unit study
- Appropriate for grades 2-12
- Use only once-a-week
- Enjoy outstanding, library reading selections and fun, family read-alouds
- Enjoy family devotionals that focus on a variety of character traits including diligence, preparedness, perseverance, joy, and faithfulness
- Make and maintain a history timeline notebook
- Discover the colonies of New France and the French explorers who settled them
- Learn about the beaver and the part it played in westward expansion
- Discover the ancestors of present day Louisiana Cajuns
- Cook a classic Cajun meal
- Investigate the link between Thomas Jefferson, Napoleon Bonaparte, and the Louisiana Purchase
- Meet Lewis & Clark and their Corps of Discovery
- Learn geography while making a topographical map and charting the expedition’s journey
- Learn about plants and animals while keeping a nature journal as Lewis & Clark did
- Meet the various Native American nations who helped the expedition succeed
- Converse in Indian sign language
- Build a model Mandan Indian lodge
- Enjoy fun, educational field trips and creative writing assignments
- Discover the Continental Divide and the effect it had on the Lewis & Clark expedition
- Watch interesting documentaries
- Get to know Yellowstone and the corps member who discovered it
- Meet artist Thomas Moran
- Play Twenty Questions and Stump Your Dad Trivia
- Do you have a Boy Scout in your family? Boy Scouts earn their Nature Merit Badge while completing Lewis & Clark: From Sea to Shining Sea with the rest of their family.
- American Heritage Girls earn the majority of their Nature & Wildlife Badge
DIGITAL DOWNLOADS NOW AVAILABLE!
Same great product with one distinguishing characteristic…each digital Once-a-Week Unit Study features numerous, internet links to further enhance your children’s educational experience. Our downloadable studies mean even BIGGER SAVINGS for you! Each digital version saves you $5.00 plus shipping. That amounts to a total savings of about $10.00! In a hurry? No problem. Digital Once-a-Week Unit Studies give you the opportunity to GET IT NOW!
Click on the following links to see what bloggers are saying about Lewis & Clark: From Sea to Shining Sea :